google886f53cd038da28e.html

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Chinese Language and Research Scholarships

Had a look at some scholarship possibilities, but it's a question of finding the time as well as the funding. I need to get some work to keep the wolf from the door and, although I've done a lot of reading and writing (more on that 92,000 word draft later), I still need to tighten up my actual proposal, research questions and hypotheses. Luckily, I feel as if I'm getting there. I've been doing the Chinese flash cards every day and building up my characters again.

The British Association for Chinese Studies (BACS) offers a range of scholarships for postgrads and researchers to study Chinese in Taiwan, through the Taiwan Huayu Enrichment Program, while the Great Britain China Centre offers a Chinese Language Award. These organisations appear to be connected, because they won't give you one award if you are accepted for the other and the application dates appear to be staggered so that if you are turned down fro one you can apply for the other.

The Chiang Ching-kuo Foundation offers research grants for scholars from Europe.

The Chinese Government also offers a range of scholarships for international researchers and students through a central application point. The Chinese Culture Research Fellowship looks like something for the future.

SOAS, Taiwan Studies, has a list of sources for scholarships and grants.

No comments:

Post a Comment